Bury Secondary Learning Collaborative (BSLC) and Bury Teaching Schools Alliance (BTSA) are delighted to be able to offer Bury parents and Bury teachers the opportunity to attend a free session that includes a focus on:
- Achievement - setting the context of boys' under achievement
- Breaking through the barriers to boys' achievement
- Effective strategies for breaking through the barriers to boys' achievement
Two sessions will be held, one for teachers and another for parents which gives you the opportunity to join Gary Wilson to reflect on what it takes to break down the barriers and raise boys' achievement. Gary is a freelance consultant who talks about tracing under achievement from pre school to 16 and what we can do to prevent it. He explains how to interact with boys to optimise learning and overcoming barriers to achievement. Gary has been a teacher for 26 years in Huddersfield and has spent a great deal of his career specialising in raising boys' achievement. He is a fantastic speaker - providing his audience with real tried and tested methods to break the boundaries of boys' under achievement. He is the author of several books on the subject and is used extensively by organisations to implement his ideas on closing the gender gap.
Raising Boys' Achievement - For Teachers
- Are you concerned about the underachievement of boys in your class, department or school?
- Why do boys under achieve in comparison to girls?
- How can you help to raise boys' achievement and break down the barriers in your school?
We would like to invite you to join Gary Wilson on Tuesday 30th April, 4.00pm - 6.00pm at The Derby High School to reflect on what it takes to break down the barriers and raise boys' achievement and how this might have implications for your own school.
To book your place, please email email@example.com with your name and school.
Raising Boys' Achievement - For Parents
- Are you a parent of a boy?
- Do you want to know why some boys underachieve?
- How can you help to raise their achievement?
We would like to invite parents of boys to join Gary Wilson on Tuesday 30th April, 7.00pm - 8.15pm at The Derby High School to reflect on what it takes to break down the barriers and raise boys achievement.
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and child's school.
Please note, numbers are strictly limited on both courses.