National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)
NPQML is for individuals who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a curriculum area leader, a pastoral service leader, a subject leader, or a head of department.
What does the qualification offer?
- Access to outstanding leadership development training
- National qualification designed by school leaders for school leaders
- A flexible, modular structure that combines core modules with the freedom to specialise and to develop candidate’s own professional areas.
What are the benefits to the candidate?
- Improved outcomes for pupils in candidate areas of responsibility
- Increased awareness and understanding of self and of the behaviours needed to lead a team
- Time to reflect on leadership practice and ability to check learning and development needs
- Increased capability and capacity to take on a leadership role - having the skills, knowledge and understanding to do the job more effectively
- Three face-to-face sessions over 12 months
- Three facilitated online courses
- 360 Leadership Diagnostic degree at the start and end
- Online briefings providing support and guidance
- School improvement project within your team lasting at least two terms
- Support from a nominated in-school mentor
What will it cost?
- £950 (this will be invoiced by Best Practice)
- Scholarship funding available for diocese schools
- Funding can be accessed via the apprenticeship levy
How do I apply?
- Obtain a signed declaration from your Head Teacher
- Send details of name, address, school, and qualification applied for to BTSA@bury.gov.uk by 24th July 2020
- Complete online application https://www.outstandingleaders.org/npqml
Delivery partner Bury TSA (code BRY-TSA) by 24thJuly 2020.