We are a Focus Hub CPD Partner School. The below course can be booked through Focus Education.
Evaluating Your Early Years Curriculum
Facilitated by: Sarah Quinn
Date: 14th November 2019
Venue: Training Hub at St John's CofE Primary School
Focus Ref: 2509
This course focuses on the implications for schools when considering how the inspection framework impacts on early years teachers and leaders. Attendees will be able to evaluate their provision against the Ofsted research-led expectations paying particular attention to the curriculum in early years. The course is relevant to schools expecting an inspection in this academic year, and particularly for schools likely to be inspected from September 2019 under the new inspection framework.
The training will:
- Allow teachers and leaders to evaluate their current curriculum offer, and how it meets the needs of the children.
- Give updates related to the new inspection framework and how the most current research relates to the early years part of the framework.
- Revisit the apparent conflict between teaching and play, and reinforce some of the messages embedded in 'Bold Beginnings' and the inspection material.
- Give opportunities for delegates to discuss and develop their offer, to consider the implementation of their offer, and the impact it has on children's outcomes.
- Consider a systematic approach to teaching key skills and basic knowledge, the development of memory in the youngest children and how to support greater depth learning in early years.
Places should be booked by visiting the Focus Education website: https://www.focus-education.co.uk/events/evaluating-your-early-years-curriculum/305