We are delighted to offer primary colleagues an opportunity to take part in a drama workshop with ‘National Drama’ on Wednesday 11th March, 1.15pm – 4.30pm at Elms Bank College Hub (formerly St Monica’s Sixth Form) at a small cost of £30 per delegate.
National Drama is the leading national association for drama teachers and theatre educators and is pleased to announce a series of exciting and interactive workshops across the country during the academic year 2019-2020. The workshops are designed to enthuse teachers and provide new strategies that will enhance the teaching of literacy, cross-curricular work and social inclusion. National Drama recognises that there has been an absence of high quality drama CPD for primary teachers in recent times and is, therefore, investing time and resources to provide much-needed support and rejuvenation.
The aims of the workshops will be to:
- Introduce drama strategies to teachers who are new to drama
- Experience Drama as a pedagogy to approach core subjects and topics
- Highlight the learning potential when teacher and pupils work collaboratively in role
- Engage teachers in a drama experience that deepens their knowledge of drama skills, conventions and form;
- Provide resources that can be used in the classroom
For booking and more information: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/national-drama-primarydrama-cpd-course-no-6-tickets-88714109289