Bury Teaching Schools Alliance is delighted to be supporting the Bury Governor Association this year.
The Bury Governor Association (BGA) takes responsibility for the provision of governor training and development for those Bury schools that buy into the Bury Governance Development collaborative package.
The overarching aim for Bury Governance Development is to improve the life chances of the children and young people of Bury by enabling them to achieve their full potential. This will be achieved by developing the capacity and capability of school governance in Bury so that governors play a key strategic role in school improvement.
There is an increasing expectation from the government that school governors are fully equipped with the skills to carry out their statutory duties effectively and economically. It is the vision of the Bury Governance Development Board that Bury will be a place where:-
- all schools benefit from outstanding governance;
- governors work together in partnership with each other and service providers to continually develop their capability and capacity;
- all governors grow in effectiveness through excellent training, induction, coaching and mentoring programmes;
- we aspire to draw all governors into collaborative working;
- investing in governor training and development is recognised as representing excellent value for money;
- the quality of governance is nationally recognised.