Strand 3: Transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3
Strand 3: Transition between KS2 and KS3
- 19 schools (8 secondary and 11 primary) are identified as receiving support.
- As with Strand 2, providers of support come from both within the borough and beyond.
- Schools have been paired or grouped in threes to work on a common agenda aimed at addressing the needs of disadvantaged pupils starting high school in September 2018 and September 2019.
- The paired working is also allowing schools to share their practice, helping develop teachers' understanding of each other's curriculum.
- We have provided funding to facilitate this work, so that teachers can visit each other's schools in the school day.
- Putting partnership plans into action from November 2018 onwards.
- Continued sharing of strategies to support reading comprehension for disadvantaged pupils.
- Developing bridges to transition in curriculum, teaching and learning through the Bury Transition Charter.