Who we are
The Bury Schools Alliance (formerly Bury Teaching Schools Alliance) was formed in 2014 by two National Teaching Schools: Christ Church Primary School Walshaw and Elms Bank.
Our alliance includes Bury Primary, Secondary and Special Schools with additional strategic partners, BEST Trust, Bury Secondary Learning Collaborative, Manchester Metropolitan University. Our partnership also extends to teaching schools from neighbouring authorities. Our strategic partners oversee the work of the alliance and take responsibility for all our provision.
Working together on improving teaching, developing the curriculum, providing high quality staff training, growing future leaders and sharing the expertise already in our schools will have a profound impact - in all our schools and on every single child.
What we do
Bury SA’s courses, training and support cover a wide range and are developing all the time but focus on the following areas:
- Initial teacher training through School Direct
- Being the Appropriate Body (formally from January 2020) for the supervision of Newly Qualified Teachers
- Continuing professional and leadership development, succession planning, talent management and research and development
- School-to-school support (SLEs, NLEs, LLEs)
- From January 2018 to July 2019 we have provided strategic school-to-school support, and training opportunities, through the SSIF project.
What brings together all of our provision is our aim to have a transformational impact on the quality of leadership, teaching and learning in all our schools. We want to engage with teachers and governors across our schools, working closely together and keeping our focus on the progress and well being of all of our children, whatever their age and background.